Date:      Tue, 16 Nov 2004 15:43:58 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Steve Bertrand" <iaccounts@ibctech.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   restore -- set owner/mode

I had a head crash on a disk the other day, so I ``cloned'' the other
good one of the mirror onto a temp drive until my new disk arrives.

Doing a dump piped to restore, for each partition copied, it asked me
if I'd like to set owner/mode. There is no apparent way to do this
automatically, until I read this:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-bugs/2004/04/27/0014.html

Has this patch been introduced into anything above 4.10? If not, will
it be?

Are there any other workarounds that are known to work with FBSD?

Tks,

Steve