Date:      Thu, 02 Jan 2003 22:15:55 -0800
From:      Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
To:        Cliff Sarginson <clsn@raggedclown.net>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fish ? Who mentioned Fish ?

Cliff Sarginson <clsn@raggedclown.net> writes:
> On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 01:05:29PM -0800, Dave Hayes wrote:
>> How did you get to Anti-american sentiment from a discussion about
>> evil spam blacklists?
> I Am not Anti_american.
> I am anti-Americanism.

What's the difference?

You are lumping all of us Americans into a bin that only represents
a subset of us. Just because that subset is in power doesn't mean
all Americanism is bad or all Americans are bad.

> A complete, irrational, hating belief that America is *right*, and has
> god on it's side.

This is only the rabid fundie Christians, some of whom now run the
country.

> A land hated, because of the hate it shows to all who disagrree
> with it.

Pshaw. Head to most any newsgroup these days, you'll see the same
thing but multi-nationally. Humans, not Americans, do this constantly.
Look at what Terry Lambert is saying about me if you want an
example.
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org

Nasrudin was sitting talking with a friend as dusk
fell. "Light a candle", the man said, "because it is dark
now. There is one just by your left side."  "How can I tell
my right from my left in the dark, you fool?" came the
reply.