Date:      Sun, 16 Aug 1998 08:13:32 +0100
From:      Rob <robert@irrelevant.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   natd and ppp

Hi there.

I am currently running 2.2.7, with natd sharing the local subnet with an
external cable modem via two ne2000 cards.  The local is ed0, and the cable
modem is on ed1.  Everything is working prefectly, and I have several
redirect_port commands set up to refer some incoming connections to other
machines on the local network.

Due to the cable co. discontinuing the cable modems (short sighted, in my
opinion) I need to switch back to a dial-up.  Assuming I get ppp working
and configured, do I just replace "ed1" with "tun0", and defer running natd
until after the dial-up has been established to continue using it and all
it's redirects?  My ISP has given me a static IP, so at least that's not a
problem..

Thanks in advance,

Rob.