Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 2002 11:28:10 +0100
From:      Jon Hammond <bsd@dna-is.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Atacontrol

Hello,

I'm running 4.6 Release and I'm having problems getting the atacontrol
command to work, whenever I run it I get "atacontrol: control device not
found: No such file or device".

Our server has a FastTrak 100 RAID system built in to the motherboard.
It also has a cdrom drive running on it's normal IDE connector.

On another server which has a SCSI Raid and an IDE cdrom drive I can use
atacontrol to view the cdrom drive details.

I can understand if the IDE RAID system is not supported but I would
still expect atacontrol to be able to find the normal IDE bus.

Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Jon