Date:      Mon, 21 Apr 1997 22:30:16 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Pedro A M Vazquez <vazquez@IQM.Unicamp.BR>
Cc:        Stefan.Bethke@Hanse.DE (Stefan Bethke), wosch@apfel.de, www@FreeBSD.ORG, cracauer@FreeBSD.ORG, hasty@rah.star-gate.com
Subject:   Re: Speaking about the countries menu - ahem ahem! ;)

Uhh..  I think someone has taken this far, far too personally.

I don't personally care whether a freebsd web page is translated
into Urdu or Swahilii - just so long as it provides a useful
local resource.

What we talked about earlier with getting mirrors up to some standard
is also valuable, I think, though that has far less to do with the
target language than it does with the feature set, e.g. we should
support features like searching and local statistics or people in
Brazil and elsewhere will only need to go to the U.S. for those
resources and that's a pity - a big goal of the regional mirrors is to
make that information available "closer to home", after all.

We're still waiting for John F. and Ade to define what the "canonical
mirror" should look like, however, and until that happens there is no
sense at all in pointing fingers at any of our mirrors (nor really
will there ever be - even "rogue" mirrors can simply be worked with
to improve them rather than trying to blame anyone for anything).

						Jordan