Date:      Sun, 2 Dec 2001 01:53:30 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Paul Jansen" <vlaero@yahoo.com.au>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: cisco VPN client for Linux under FreeBSD? Or compatible client?

Note that the encryption that we never got to work was between the
Cisco VPN concentrator and Windows clients!  But the customer I
was working with didn't want to buy Cisco service on the VPN concentrator
so I didn't get Cisco involved.  I have no idea if it's really supposed
to work or if it's just one of those features that Cisco claims will
work but in actuality is on the bug list.

Somehow I think that if you are not able to get encryption working
with Windows clients that your customer is going to let you turn
it off. :-)

For all I know the encryption works perfectly with FreeBSD and Cisco
VPN concentrators.  Good luck and keep us posted!