Date:      Tue, 21 Jun 2005 10:00:40 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Benjamin Thelen <bt@ccgis.de>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: linux-gtk2-2.2.1_3 not deinstalling on Rel. 4.11p10

Benjamin Thelen <bt@ccgis.de> wrote:

>> I don't know if the packaging list changed between 10.0.2 and 10.0.4. If
>> there's no change, you could do the same with the realplayer port.
>
> Well, need to be careful with this box, it is our web-server. How
> could I proof, whether the packaging list has changed?

By looking at the changes between those version. I just did it, and there are
no major changes.

>> You could add "@origin multimedia/linux-realplayer" to
>> /var/db/pkg/linux-realplayer-10.0.2_1/+CONTENTS and try again with
>> portupgrade.

Ooops... it's a comment, not an explicit pkg command...

> This is already there!
>
> .
> .
> .
> @unexec if [ -f %D/info/dir ]; then if sed -e '1,/Menu:/d'
> %D/info/dir | grep -q '^[*] ';
> then true; else rm %D/info/dir; fi; fi
> @comment ORIGIN:multimedia/linux-realplayer
>

>> You could also remove all files specified in +CONTENTS and
>> proceed like you did with linux-gtk2.
>
> Just to be careful:
>
> You say I could delete all the contents of
> /var/db/pkg/linux-realplayer-10.0.2_1/+CONTENTS (just like doing "rm
> +CONTENTS && touch +CONTENTS") and proceed like I did with linux-gtk2?

No, you need to look into +CONTENTS and delete every file which is specified
there.

> I don't really know what I do there ;-)!
>
> To be careful, the content of +CONTENTS:

There's something completely wrong. First of all, the files are preceeded by
"@comment" instead of being on their own line. Then there's no "@comment
MD5:..." line after each file. Additionally there are a lot of files missing
in thie +CONTENTS file (lib/RealPlayer/*).

> @comment share/icons/hicolor/192x192/mimetypes/mime-audio-wav_192x192.png
> @comment share/icons/hicolor/192x192/mimetypes/mime-text-realtext_192x192.png
> @comment share/icons/hicolor/192x192/mimetypes/mime-video-avi_192x192.png
[...]

Since there are no changes in the packaging list between 10.0.2 and 10.0.4,
just proceed as you did with linux-gtk2.

Bye,
Alexander.

My mother loved children -- she would have given anything if I had been
one.
		-- Groucho Marx