Date:      Tue, 19 Nov 2002 07:58:21 -0600
From:      "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD: Server or Desktop OS?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Murray" <mark@grondar.org>

> > At 11:09 AM -0600 2002/11/18, Eric Anderson wrote:
> >

> > Fair enough.  However, at the moment, we're coming up soon on a
> > dot-zero release, so we need people testing -CURRENT.
>
> Right. And I don't have (m)any resources to contribute to STABLE.

And, IMHAO, these 2 quotes could well represent the crux of the
entire issue.

It's not that no one wants to deal with -STABLE, it's that -CURRENT,
with a release date of  "Mid-December," is taking attention which 4
months ago (arbitrary date) would have been put into MFC'ing
fixes for -STABLE, analyzing issues and PR's, etc. etc.  Any
chance I'm right?

Any chance this'll blow over soon?

Kevin Kinsey