Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 2000 14:10:15 -0500
From:      "Sultenfuss, Ron" <RGSultenfuss@cps-ems.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Question on running applications

	I have a technical support question and need help.

	I installed FreeBSD on 2 old Pentium based PCs about four months ago
to run applications.  Now we were given 2 new Pentium II machines to replace
the old ones.  I installed FreeBSD on the new PCs.  As with the original
Pentium PCs, I had to build new kernels on the new Pentium II machines to
add support for a second network card in each machine.  This was simple
enough to do.  All that was needed was to add a line to the kernel.

	The applications that I was using on the old Pentiums were sent by
ftp to the new machines.  Logged in as root, the owner and group properties
were changed to root and wheel, respectively.  The execute permissions were
added to the owner of the applications, which is root.  (This is the same
setup as the applications on the old Pentium PCs.)  Now, I cannot run any of
my imported applications on both of the new PCs.
	For example, if I try to run an installation called
"install-mkchart",
the response given is "install-mkchart: command not found" .
	This does not make sense because, as root, I am in the same
directory when trying to run the script.  I can run the programs from the
old machines without any problems.

	Is there any other configuration that should be checked in order to
run my applications on the newly installed PCs?

Thanks for any help you can offer.