Date:      Fri, 8 Sep 2000 22:19:46 -0600
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
To:        Stephen Hocking <shocking@houston.rr.com>
Cc:        jolan <jolan@enteract.com>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Gravis Ultrasound PnP

On Fri, Sep 08, 2000 at 22:20:47 -0500, Stephen Hocking wrote:
> > I'm seeing this now, with a PnP CS423x, but only when the AGP device is enabled. It happens all the time.
> >

> Following up  I just went and bought one of those el-cheapo Yamaha YMF724 PCI sound cards. It works fine (when I don't have the PCM channel overdriving the onboard amp!). I see a common thread with the stuff that's playing up - they all seem to be ISA cards. Is it possible that DMA under ISA is messed up for sound?

Yeah, it could be that they're ISA cards.

I wonder if there are any ISA cards that actually work well.  That might
tell us something.  (It also might tell me what card to go out and buy --
my GUS hasn't worked well since newpcm went in the tree -- i.e. for a year.
If I knew of an ISA card that worked well, I might try it.)

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@kdm.org