Date:      Sat, 17 Nov 2001 17:54:24 -0600
From:      "David W. Chapman Jr." <dwcjr@inethouston.net>
To:        Cyrille Lefevre <clefevre@citeweb.net>
Cc:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>, Andreas Klemm <andreas@FreeBSD.org>, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: PORTVERSION=6.1 wrong in linux_base-62 ???

On Sun, Nov 18, 2001 at 12:46:30AM +0100, Cyrille Lefevre wrote:
> Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
> > On Sat, Nov 17, 2001 at 08:50:58AM +0100, Andreas Klemm wrote:
> > > BTW, could we upgrade the port linux_base to match linux_base-62
> > > and get rid of linux_base-62 ???
> >
> > Yes. It's up to David to fill us in about his intentions. There's
> > no point to continue to be in each other's way. If David has a good
> > idea and is implementing it then I don't want to step on his toes,
> > irrespective of whether or not he stepped on my toes.
>
> let him the time to get off his bed :P

linux_base-62 was to be able to phase in ports to linux_base (7.1)
without breaking all the ports that have problems with 7.1.  After
they have been "phased in" linux_base-62 will be removed.  Atleast
that's what I understood David to mean.

--
David W. Chapman Jr.
dwcjr@inethouston.net	Raintree Network Services, Inc. <www.inethouston.net>