Date:      Tue, 30 Dec 2014 11:31:07 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6724@bellsouth.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        madpilot@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: multimedia/libva fails in configure stage, missing file?

> > There was

> > configure.ac:166 error: required file './ltmain.sh' not found

> > Something wrong with the port or configure script?

> It's strange, but it's not the error that is blocking the build.

> It's automake which is dieing without reason.

> > I looked and found automake and its dependencies (automake-wrapper, autoconf, indexinfo and perl5.20) all up-to-date, so nothing there to upgrade.

> > Or should I portmaster -f anyway?

> Yes, please try that. Maybe something got confused in one of those ports.

> Guido Falsi <madpilot@FreeBSD.org>

I tried portmaster -f devel/automake, and also devel/libtool, and it made no difference.

Conceivably it could be something with the FreeBSD installation; I could rebuild system, but that might be grasping at straws.

I notice libva-1.5.0 has been released about 30 hours ago; security/trousers, at 0.3.10 in ports, is at 0.3.13 upstream.

Maybe I need to go through the Porter's Handbook and try the upgrade myself?  Make a directory mystuff for my own updates?  If successful, I could notify this list and/or bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla .

Tom