Date:      Tue, 7 Sep 1999 14:58:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@hamell.hpc1.com>
To:        Kurt Joseph Windisch <kurtw@uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Messed up boot MBR? Boot loaders failing

> After doing this, and having everything work fine, I let my windows
> virus scanner (Norton) "repair" my modified MBR for the drive and the boot
> record for C: (this was the big mistake).  Now windows will only boot
> from BootMgr (not it's own MBR) and Freebsd will only boot from a boot
> disk.

	Here's what I've done before, it's hit and miss but you may get
lucky. Check your slice configuration and write down the settings. Blow
everything out then write the slices again. FreeBSD seems to handle this
pretty well. Windows may gack on it, if so, reinstall it. After that
reinstall the boot manager. :) You'll want to back up data and such of
course.

					Rick

--- Religion exists because mankind is to arrogant to believe he is
nothing more then a random accident.    http://www.grendal.org