Date:      Thu, 6 Jul 1995 09:26:55 +0200 (MSZ)
From:      me@tartufo.pcs.dec.com (Michael Elbel)
To:        efung@cs.uq.oz.au (Eddie Fung)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPFIREWALL

> >hidden internal network using FreeBSD. In fact, we'll be using FreeBSD
> >exclusively for firewalls and general servers (http, ftp, etc.) for
> >our 1500 people company soon.
> >

> I am glad to hear that.  In fact we are going the same direction in our
> department.   We will be using two FreeBSD boxes for our firewall.  However,
> we are still having problem with the x-gw of TIS fwtk-1.3.  Do you have the
> same experience?

Erm, no, it works beautifully. tick is the bastion, distel a host on
the screened subnet that doesn't get routed to the internal net.

	(114) telnet tick
	Trying...
	Connected to tick
	Escape character is '^]'.
	tick telnet proxy (Version V1.3) ready:
	tn-gw-> x
	tn-gw-> display port=tick:10

- A window pops up on my screen telling me that the display is tick:10

	tn-gw-> c distel.pcs.com
	Trying 134.98.128.23 port 23...

	UNIX(r) System V Release 4.0 (distel)

	login: me
	Password:
	UNIX System V/i860 Release 4.0 Version 1.0
	distel
	Copyright (C) 1984, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990 AT&T

	you have mail
	/  export DISPLAY=tick:10
	/  xterm

- A window pops up on my screen asking wether I want to allow the
  connection from distel, I click yes, the xterm comes up.

I've basically used the default configuration tailored to my local
setup, the x-gw line is the one from the default file. The bastion
runs FreeBSD 2.0.5-RELEASE.

Michael
--
Michael Elbel, PCS GmbH, Muenchen, Germany - me@FreeBSD.org