Date:      Thu, 03 Feb 2000 14:11:01 PST
From:      "Jerry Lei" <tylei@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   mount addtional cdrom II

Hi, guys. There is a typo in my last email. I correct it and post it again
with more message.

I have two CD-ROMs. I took off one of them when I installed FreeBSD33 which
booted from CD-ROM. After the installation, I try to add the one took off.
Probing found the additional one at wd0 (primary controller, channel2),
labeled it acd0. Another CD-ROM which I booted from, now is acd1 at
wd1(secondary controller, channel1). /etc/fstab showed that I have only one
cdrom acd0. If I try to mount cdrom, then the additional one will be
mounted. But the original one (which I booted from) can't not be found. Even
I add one row in /etc/fstab to tell BSD I have another one at acd1.

Below is the context of /etc/fstab related to cdrom. I added the second line
myself.

/dev/acd0c  cd9660  /cdrom/cd0 ro, noauto   0 0
/dev/acd1c  cd9660  /cdrom/cd1 ro, noauto   0 0

I use mount to mount my cdrom and error message like this

#mount -t cd9660 -o ro /dev/acd1c /cdrom/cd1
usage: No cd9660 such files or directories

What could I do to let FreeBSD get another cdrom? Thanks.

Lei