Date:      Fri, 24 Oct 2008 15:00:57 +0200
From:      trolle@trolle.net
To:        RAY <ray@stilltech.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problems getting server on line

Quoting RAY <ray@stilltech.net>:
> Greetings;
> I have an existing server running FreeBsd 6.3. It's running as a  =20
> name/web/mail
> server.
> I have built a new server to replace it running FreeBsd 7.0. I have both
> servers attached to the same router, with the production server sitting in
> the DMZ. I have tried to switch them over by simply changing which server =
the
> DMZ points to. When I did this, the new server didn't work. I could connec=
> to the webserver  (telnet to port 80) using either localhost or the privat=
> IP address (192.168...), but not using the domain name. I could connect to
> the default website properly from another computer on the same router usin=
> the private ip address.
> My first guess was that it was the firewall on the server configured
> incorrectly, so I disabled PF which didn't help.
>
> Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
> Ray

Hi,

It looks like a router problem to me, do you have some port-forwarding =20
or somethin like that on the router you have not changed?
Have you tried changing the new servers IP to the old servers and =20
pointing the DMZ to that old IP? as in simply switching the new server =20
for the old?

Hope this helps.

Mads Trolle