Date:      Fri, 22 Jan 1999 14:30:27 +0100
From:      Wolfram Schneider <wosch@panke.de.freebsd.org>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        www@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Empty FAQ and Handbook on the main web server last night

whats happend

On hub there where old & buggy docproj tools installed.  I deleted the
old ports and installed the new docproj ports. I did some tests and
the new ports seems to work.

Unfortunately, I did not run a full re-build of the web server.  I
forgot to install the linuxdoc port. Yesterday a FAQ change force a
rebuild of the FAQ. The nsgml command did not found the linuxdoc files
and instant(1) died with a core dump due too much errors ;-(( As a
result, the FAQ.html, FAQ.asci and FAQ.ps files are empty. The other
FAQ[0-9]*.html files where still intact. The same story applied to the
handbook.

The long 'outdated web files' mail is a side effect of the core
dump. The nsgmls(1) command exit with status 0 after the core dump of
instant(1) and make(1) assume the command runs fine ;-((

$ make FORMATS=html; echo $?
[...]
nsgmls:/a/tmp/50/doc/FAQ/preface.sgml:406:57:E: element "URL" undefined
nsgmls:/a/tmp/50/doc/FAQ/preface.sgml:407:60:E: element "URL" undefined
nsgmls:I: maximum number of errors (200) reached; change with -E option
Error: End of ReadESIS - should not be here: URL
Segmentation fault - core dumped
0
--
Wolfram Schneider <wosch@freebsd.org> http://freebsd.org/~w/