Date:      Thu, 16 Mar 2000 10:53:54 -0600
From:      "Darryl Hoar" <darryl@osborne-ind.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   PPP Connection odditities

Greetings,
I have a machine (486, 16MB Ram) that has 3.2-release installed.
It is configured to run userland PPP.  I have it aliasing
(ppp -auto -alias demand). The modem is an external 3com 56k.

Now, the problem.  Sometimes when it dials up the ppp connection
it works. Sometiems, it connects (lightsup modem, no chat script
failure), but the send light flickers (no receive) and ping hangs until
no buffer space message.  This requires a reboot.  I can't seem to
figure out what is causing this .

Any ideas ?

-- Darryl