Date:      Tue, 1 Aug 1995 16:49:02 -0500
From:      rsi@garply.com (ResearchSouth)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Using freeBSD on High-end P5/PCI/FW-SCSI2 P.C.

        Sirs :

        I am in the market for a high-end Pentium system for code
porting/developement work. I will be bringing codes from UNIX work-stations
& larger machines as well as adding new capabilities as time permits. I am
interested in availing myself of the GNU compilers for their
cross-compilation capability & thus am looking at freeBSD & Linux as
operating system choices for the P.C. Linux does not currently (stably)
support the Adaptec 2940W controller which I will probably be using on this
machine. I would appreciate any information you could provide on systems
which are definitely/definitely not supported by your current stable release
of freeBSD (2.1.1 ?)

                                                Sincerely

                                                William A. Mahaffey III