Date:      10 Feb 1997 12:53:14 -0800
From:      jdp@polstra.com (John Polstra)
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Lite/2 diffs ready: commit soon

In article <18375.855554879@time.cdrom.com>,
Jordan K. Hubbard <jkh@time.cdrom.com> wrote:

> I'm also rolling a 3.0 SNAP from right before John's changes which
> I will put on ftp.freebsd.org, so if this turns out to be a Black Sunday
> sort of event for awhile, we'll at least have a SNAP from right before
> the hammer fell. :-)

Just a reminder to people that there are at least two other ways
to revert your sources to the point just before the Lite2 commit.
If you maintain a copy of the FreeBSD CVS repository, you can do
it like this:

    cvs update -Pd -D '02/10/97 00:00:00 GMT'

(That's about 2 hours before John's commits, I believe.)

Later when you want to get back in sync with -current, do this:

    cvs update -APd

If you use CVSup to get the sources directly (no CVS repository on
your machine), you can add this to the front of your cvsupfile:

    *default date=97.02.10.00.00.00

John P.