Date:      Thu, 18 Mar 2004 09:30:01 +0100 (CET)
From:      Mats Dufberg <mats@dufberg.se>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Error running linux-flashplugin6/linuxpluginwrapper

I have installed www/firefox, www/linux-flashplugin6 and
www/linuxpluginwrapper from ports. From that I should get flash support in
firefox. When I start firefox is complains with the following error
message:

LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
  /usr/local/lib/linux-flashplugin6/libflashplayer.so [Shared object
  "libpthread.so.0" not found]
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
  /usr/local/Acrobat5/Browsers/intellinux/nppdf.so [Shared object
  "libc.so.6" not found]

(I focus on the flash problem now.)

libpthread.so.0 is installed and the machine has linux support:

$ locate libpthread.so.0
/usr/compat/linux/lib/libpthread.so.0

$ uname -r
5.1-RELEASE-p8

$ kldstat | grep linux
 4    1 0xc4332000 18000    linux.ko

$ grep linux /etc/rc.conf
linux_enable="YES"

I tested to make a symbolic link from /lib/libpthread.so.0 to
/usr/compat/linux/lib/libpthread.so.0 and updated the regular FreeBSD
library cache (with ldconfig) and then libpthread.so.0 seems to be
found, but libflashplayer.so compained about anohter library.

Does anyone have a suggestion what is wrong?

Mats

Mats Dufberg                                      mats@dufberg.se
Blaoarvsgraend 42                                  +46-8-38 48 59
SE-162 45 Vaellingby, Sweden                      +46-70-258 2588