Date:      Mon, 25 Feb 2013 00:50:08 +0100
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.org>
To:        linimon@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org, sam@FreeBSD.org, sergueim@gmail.com
Subject:   Re: docs/124253: Broken command in the handbook for configuring a wireless access point

On 2013-02-24 23:02, linimon@FreeBSD.org wrote:
> Synopsis: Broken command in the handbook for configuring a wireless access point
>
> State-Changed-From-To: open->open
> State-Changed-By: linimon
> State-Changed-When: Sun Feb 24 22:58:48 UTC 2013
> State-Changed-Why:
> Sam has not been active in some time.  This is a very old PR and is
> probably no longer relevant.
>

> Responsible-Changed-From-To: sam->freebsd-doc
> Responsible-Changed-By: linimon
> Responsible-Changed-When: Sun Feb 24 22:58:48 UTC 2013
> Responsible-Changed-Why:

I botched the first edit of this PR, and the comments went only to me,
rather than me *and* the list, so here's the latest comment from the
trail of the PR

This used to be true, but it was fixed in svn rev 35578
by blackend, when he committed this change, among other
wlan improvements:

% -          <screen>&prompt.root; <userinput>ifconfig <replaceable>ath0</replaceable> up scan</userinput>
% +          <screen>&prompt.root; <userinput>ifconfig <replaceable>wlan0</replaceable> create wlandev <replaceable>ath0</replaceable></userin
% +&prompt.root; <userinput>ifconfig <replaceable>wlan0</replaceable> up scan</userinput>