Date:      Fri, 10 Apr 2009 23:19:35 +0530
From:      Manish Jain <invalid.pointer@gmail.com>
To:        amistry@am-productions.biz, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   hplip port update to version 2.8.5

Hi,

I am about to buy a new printer and my retailer strongly recommends HP's
D1560 printer (USB). I am running ghostscript8-8.62_5 under FreeBSD 7.1
and I can't see this model listed anywhere in apsfilter. So I checked up
the hplip site. The site says that the D1560 is indeed supported, but it
also says that the minimum version of hplip required for this is 2.8.5,
while the latest port available is 2.8.2.

Please check out
http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/models/deskjet/deskjet_d1500_series.html

The site actually lists hplip version 2.8.5 as the minimum requirement
for the entire D15XX series, and a whole lot of other deskjet printers.

Should I wait for a port update or do you think version 2.8.2 is capable
of handling the printer ?

--
Thank you and Regards
Manish Jain

NB : Laast year I kudn't spell Software Engineer. Now I are won.