Date:      Thu, 15 Jun 2006 11:18:13 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Stephan Eckweiler <edge_records@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Does fbsd support NAT-Traversal IPSEC VPNs?

I found for netbsd a kernel config named "options IPSEC_NAT_T", this doesn't exist (I have fbsd 6.0 stable). Also OpenBSD has support since 3.6.

  Is there any way to get Nat-Traversal run, or whatever thing to encapsulate esp-packets into UDP? I'm using racoon, out of the ipsec-tools Port, which has at least such options in racoon.conf. But when I say

    racoon -f /usr/local/etc/racoon.conf

  and include

    nat_traversal on;

  the daemon doesn't start, my log says

    compression algorithm cannot be checked because sadb message doesn't support it.

  Thanks in advance

Stephan