Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 2002 12:36:06 +0200
From:      Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
To:        Fook Sheng Chan <chanfs16@yahoo.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: duplex printing

Fook Sheng Chan wrote:

> Hi
>
> i bought a Xerox DocuPrint P8ex, which is not capable
> to duplex printing. I am wondering if it is possible
> to control the printing process so that i will print
> odd pages first, and then even pages.
AFAIK it's possible to use ghostscript as printer driver.
I have a duplex-capable postscript printer, so I do not know
how. But there should be many descriptions how to use
f.e. HP-Deskjet printers, ...
You could modify the parameters of ghostscript in the way you
need it, and you have the odd/even-separately printer.

I do not know how you want to tell your printer to wait printing
the even pages.

IMHO it's easier to check your text processor (I do not know which
office in which OS you use). I assume every text processor is
able to print odd/even pages separately - and if you use some options,
it going perfect...

> This is so that I can use the reverse side of the
> printed odd pages to print the even pages, so to
> achieve duplex :).
>
> many thanks,
>
> fook sheng

Kind regards
Jens
--
L     i  W     W     W  i                 Jens Rehsack
L        W     W     W