Date:      Thu, 15 Aug 2002 00:15:56 +0100
From:      Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>
To:        junaid <junaid@wam.umd.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ssh and mouse

junaid wrote:

>Hi ,
>   I am new to freeBSD . So far i loved it ..the problem i am having is that
>i  have connected my mouse through a belkin switch ..yeah i am using the
>same mouse and key board with 6 other machines. If i connced it directly to
>the machine , it works ..if i connect it though the BELKIN switch ..it wont
>...why ..i have no idea !

Connecting mice through switches can cause problems. Have you searched
through the archives of the mailing lists to see what solutions have
been tried before?

>secondly ..how can i make My SSH connection work . I have tried everything
>that is there ....but i cant make it work  ...I cant even open the
>./etc/rc.network file ...it says permission denied ...why is that ???

What problems are you having with SSH? Are you trying to ssh to another
machine, or log into the local machine from another? We need more
information before anyone can help.

Any user should be able to read rc.network, are you trying to make
changes? I seriously doubt that you'll find much in there that will help
you. Everything you need to change can and should be configured from
/etc/rc.conf which overrides the defaults set in /etc/defaults/rc.conf

Andrew.