Date:      Wed, 22 Dec 1999 22:38:59 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Vivek Khera <khera@kciLink.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: handbook procedure for upgrading via cvsup confusion

> Secondly, the part about updating /stand...  doing as the handbook
> suggests "make all install" in release/sysintall only updates the
> sysinstall program; it doesn't update all the hard links to it.  Also,
> the file size is greatly reduced, leading me to believe that it is not
> a proper upgrade of that directory.  What is the proper way to upgrade
> the /stand directory and the subdirectories within it (the help and
> TXT files)?

You are correct, it is not an "equivalent" upgrade but it is the only
available upgrade. :) It'll basically just give you the configuration
tool, not the stand-alone installer which is a crunched image.  If
it weren't so kludge, I'd have sysinstall's install procedure remove
all the links. :)

- Jordan