Date:      Thu, 26 Sep 2002 15:42:17 +0100
From:      Yann Golanski <yann@kierun.org>
To:        MET <met@uberstats.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Configuring XFree86 - not working...

Quoth MET on Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 10:38:23 -0400
> Any how, I'm attempting to the Handbook (
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x-config.html
> ):
> 	# XFree86 -configure
> 	# XFree86 -xf86config XF86Config.new

The simplest way to install XFree86 is from /stand/sysinstall following
things either in full graphical mode, ncurses mode or text mode. You'll
need to know which graphics chip yours is compatible with and what your
monitor/screen can do.

There is a log file called /var/log/XFree86.0.log which hold some
information as well.

> Any ideas what I have to do in order to get this to work?

Good luck.

--
yann@kierun.org                  -=*=-                      www.kierun.org
    PGP:   www.kierun.org/pgp/key-kierun