Date:      Thu, 1 Jul 1999 14:59:04 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@ispro.net.tr>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how to keep track of root users?

Evren Yurtesen wrote:

> what is su2?

Similar to su. (You'd never have guessed that. :-) It allows you to
list usernames in /usr/local/etc/superusers (I think), who can become
any user using their own password. (e.g. I can "su2 news", where news
has an invalid "*" password, without having to su to root first, I
don't even need to know the root password.) Also individual users
can put other usernames in their ~/.su2rc, so if usera has userb in
~usera/.su2rc, userb can use his own password to become usera. The
program's documentation will probably explain its intended uses better
than I can.  It's in the ports collection.

--
Ben Smithurst            | PGP: 0x99392F7D
ben@scientia.demon.co.uk |   key available from keyservers and