Date:      Sun, 28 Sep 2014 15:17:08 -0400
From:      Paul Pathiakis <ppathiakis@atlantisservices.net>
To:        moiseev@mezonplus.ru
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: backuppc-3.3.0_7

Good day,

I've noticed that something is wrong in the latest version of the port.

I could get around things before with setting up a directory and shell
for the backuppc user.

However, that no longer works.

It seems that the port does not change to the backuppc user when it
starts up.  It defaults to 'root' for some reason.

$ /usr/local/etc/rc.d/backuppc start
Starting backuppc.
/usr/local/bin/BackupPC: Wrong user: my userid is 300, instead of ()
Please su [-m]  first
BackupPC::Lib->new failed
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/backuppc: WARNING: failed to start backuppc
$

I ran the above as both root and as backuppc.

Something seems to have changed between 3.3.0 and 3.3.0_7

Thank you,

Paul