Date:      Fri, 11 Apr 2008 16:03:24 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Konrad Heuer <kheuer2@gwdg.de>
To:        karim.bourenane@orange-ftgroup.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [7.0] Openldap client

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008, karim.bourenane@orange-ftgroup.com wrote:

> I'm unbale to install nss_ldap from padl. I've error :
> => nss_ldap-257.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/.
> => Attempting to fetch from http://www.padl.com/download/.
> fetch: http://www.padl.com/download/nss_ldap-257.tar.gz: size mismatch: expected 229242, actual       229299
>
> Anyone, can tell me, how to install openldap client on Freebsd 7-Stable ?

I do not know why /usr/ports/net/nss_ldap/distinfo contains a different
file size (and probably inappropriate checksums), but you can just edit
/usr/ports/net/nss_ldap/distinfo and put in what you find (start with size
only, later by using md5 and sha256 utilities in /sbin to calculate
checksums after the file has been fetched /usr/ports/distfiles).

You can also build from the ports collection with make options to ignore
size and checksums but I forgot them. ;-)

Of course distinfo is there no just for fun but for security. So you must
decide whether you modify the file or not.

Best regards

Konrad Heuer
GWDG, Am Fassberg, 37077 Goettingen, Germany, kheuer2@gwdg.de