Date:      Fri, 12 Jul 2002 13:34:51 +0200
From:      Ernst de Haan <znerd@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Bill Huey <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>, Marc Recht <marc@informatik.uni-bremen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG, Bill Huey <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
Subject:   Re: 1.3.1 patchset 7 not quite ready

Hi Bill & all,

> Also, all further HotSpot development I do will be on
> -current if folks don't know this by now. I'm open
> to suggestion for and against it.

I know, my reaction is a bit late, but anyway:

I think it's wise that you focus on HotSpot self and not on -STABLE support
just yet. Just let somebody else figure that out, it draws too much
attention and energy away from HotSpot development. If libc_r gets
backported then it should be a relatively small effort to make HotSpot
available on -stable.

Question is: Is there any chance that libc_r get backported to -stable?

Ernst

--
Ernst de Haan
EuroNet Internet B.V.

    "Come to me all who are weary and burdened
        and I will give you rest" -- Jesus Christ