Date:      Thu, 26 Aug 1999 21:30:19 -0700
From:      notme <notme@lvdi.net>
To:        Bill <ankzt@maine.60north.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: samba & plain text password

Hi,
    Thank you so much for your help!  After realizing that my teacher
probably would approve using encrypted password, I wrote
surrendered to encrypted password. :)  I found this shell script,
mksmbpass.sh, which makes a smbpasswd file base on /etc/passwd.
I was also able to find this command,
smbpasswd -s <username> <password>
which allows me to write in a shell script to add all password to the
/user/local/private/passwd file.
(actually, it is a little program that I wrote to write repeated command
to a shell script...  I have yet to learn how to write real shell scripts :)

Thanks for your help anyway!

Frankie