Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 2006 16:30:23 -0500
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@collaborativefusion.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "make fetch" refuses because dependencies aren't installed?

--5vNYLRcllDrimb99

On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 05:07:59PM -0400, Bill Moran wrote:
>=20
> [root@ravage /usr/ports/www/bacula-web]# make fetch
> This port requires the Apache Module or the CGI version of PHP, but you h=
ave
> already installed a PHP port without them.
> *** Error code 1
>=20
> This is on a dedicated fetch/NFS server.  It's not supposed to have
> mod_php installed.  It would be pretty roundabout for me to install it
> just for the purpose of fetching a package.
>=20
> The machines that mount the ports tree via NFS shares off this do not
> have any access to the Internet for security reasons.  Thus we use this
> machine to fetch packages into /usr/ports/distfiles, then we can build
> them on the secured systems.
>=20
> It would make life easier if "make fetch" and "make fetch-recursive"
> could ignore these kinds of dependency errors.  It seems to me that
> "make fetch*" should _never_ fail because of dependencies.

The problem here is that the PHP support code rolls it own IGNORE type
command and thus you can't easily skip it.  It looks like you might be
able to get away with running "make fetch" with FALSE=3Dtrue. to get
around this.  There probably should be a knob to allow fetching in this
case.

-- Brooks

--5vNYLRcllDrimb99

--5vNYLRcllDrimb99--