Date:      Tue, 10 Nov 2009 11:49:58 +0100
From:      Matthias Reyelt <Matthias.Reyelt@brunel.de>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Marvell MV6281 OpenRD client mge1

Hi,

I have changed the PHY address for mge1 to 0x18 in the code, and the second=
=20
PHY is now correctly detected. I can ifconfig the interface and I am able t=
o=20
receive packets. I am not able to send packets yet.=20

If I ping mge1 over the network tcpdump reports the ARP requests and it=20
reports the ARP replies as well. The replies do not reach the cable though.=
=20
(They aren't sent to mge0 either).=20
I haven't yet found out, where the packets get lost, they seem to pass=20
mge_start_locked() correctly. I will check the register settings. =20

Matthias

Am Freitag 06 November 2009 14:35:55 schrieb Matthias Reyelt:
> Hi,
>=20
> I have built a linux kernel with some debug code and found out that the b=
ase=20
> address for the second phy is not at 0x09 but at 0x18. Actually it's in t=
he=20
> config files, but I wasn't looking for an extra configuration for this bo=
ard=20
> before.=20
>=20
> I think this would require a patch to mge_miibus_readreg(), because it's =
a=20
> different mapping. Is that correct?
>=20
> I will do a quick patch on monday to test it. Are there other files that=
=20
have=20
> to be patched, Rafal?=20
>=20
> Matthias
> =20
>=20

=2D-=20
Dr.-Ing. Matthias Reyelt
Master Software Designer

Brunel GmbH
Bereich Communications
Daimlerring 9
31135 Hildesheim

Tel: +49 5121 1760 805
=46ax: +49 5121 1760 999
email: Matthias.Reyelt@brunel.de
Internet: www.brunel.de

Hauptsitz: Airport City, Hermann-K=F6hl-Str. 1, 28199 Bremen
Amtsgericht Bremen HRB 16935
General Manager: Johan Arie van Barneveld