Date:      Thu, 06 Jun 1996 14:21:50 +0100
From:      Greg Wiley <greg@loop.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   networking problem with new -stable build

It's probably something simple but it's ruining my day...  :)

I just built the new -stable this morning and networking
broke.  Trying any network operation (to either de0, de1
interfaces or the loopback interface) results in the error:

   sendto: permission denied

My kernel config is the same as before; ifconfig reveals
that the interfaces are recognized and configured (they
also still detect cable disconnects).  Also, if I ping
an interface from another host, the pinging host will
show up in the broken machine's routing table.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

  -greg