Date:      Wed, 21 Aug 2002 11:51:16 -0500
From:      "Henning, Brian" <brian.henning@navitaire.com>
To:        " (E-mail)" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   apache - single user mode

Hello-
I am having problems with my apache2 web server. I would like to turn it off
for now to give me some time to figure out what the problem is.  My machine
hangs on startup with the error: domain name not being found. I need to boot
into single user mode, so i here is what i am going to do.

boot -s

fsck -p
mount -u /
mount -a -t /ufs
swapon -a

my problem is when i get my machine back up. what do i need to do to turn
apache off so it can boot like normal?
thanks,
brian