Date:      Mon, 06 Sep 1999 10:25:17 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <jeff-ml@mountin.net>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kernel fails to compile today...

> At 12:57 AM 9/6/99 -0700, Mike Smith wrote:
> >APM and SMP are almost guaranteed not to work correctly.
>
> Not to nit, but shouldn't that be "work correctly together?"
>
> Don't want to mislead anyone. ;)
>

> Has any progress been made on this issue, it's been around since before 3.0
> it seems.

The "dying statclock" issue may have been addressed in -current, it's
hard to be sure.

As for APM and SMP interacting; it's quite possible that they will
never work right.  I had some ideas that seemed worth pursuing, but the
more I research the less it looks like it'll ever be viable.

--
\\  The mind's the standard       \\  Mike Smith
\\  of the man.                   \\  msmith@freebsd.org