Date:      Thu, 23 Sep 2004 08:40:16 +0200
From:      Nico Meijer <nico.meijer@zonnet.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Apache Problems

Hi Stanley,

> When I try to connect to the webserver via the IP
> address  of my DSL connection I get the error:

 From _where_ are you doing that request?

> I called my ISP who informed me that they are not
> blocking port 80 (just wanted to cover all angles)
> also, Ive turned off the firewall with no success.

Which firewall?

[Your logic seems to me to work backwards. I'd first cover my own @$$
and only then call my ISP. Even then, most of the time it's my own
stupid mistakes... ;-) ]

> What step(s) am I missing ?

Basically, you haven't given us any information other than "I can't get
Apache to work as I'd like to."

What's your setup? LAN, WAN, firewall(s), FreeBSD version, Apache
version (ports?), setup of client machine (where is it)?

That kind of stuff.

Bye... Nico