Date:      Thu, 23 May 2002 16:49:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      doug <doug@safeport.com>
To:        Darryl Hoar <darryl@osborne-ind.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Multi Boot question

yes - check the archives for problems dual booting win2k if you use NTFS.
My understanding is you can not do it because the partition table has
a different format. Someone just pointed out a boot loader named GRUB
(http://www.forwardslashunix.com/grub/) that might help if your
combination os OS's does not work with the standard FBSD loader.

I have a system with DOS, Win2k (fat), and FreeBSD (all on one disk) just
worked with no tweaking at all.

If you wanted to use NTFS for win2k, you could give it one disk and have
all the other ones on the other disk. Also note you can mount an NTFS file
system only in read-only mode.