Date:      Fri, 13 Feb 1998 12:28:48 -0200
From:      "Ricardo AG Almeida" <ricardag@ag.com.br>
To:        "questions@freebsd.org" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   zic and DST

I have one question about "zic" and rules for daylight saving time. I
had changed /usr/src/share/zoneinfo/southamerica and added the
following rules to Brazil:

   Rule  Brazil  1997  only  -  Oct 6 0:00  1:00 D
   Rule  Brazil  1998  only  -  Mar 1 0:00  0:00 S

Then, I've copied /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Sao_Paulo as
/usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Sao_Paulo.old, and run
"zic /usr/src/share/zoneinfo/southamerica".

After that, I've compared Sao_Paulo.old and the new Sao_Paulo. They are
equal.

So, I've removed the added lines in
/usr/src/share/zoneinfo/southamerica, run zic again - and Sao_Paulo.old
is still equal to Sao_Paulo.

IMHO, the Sao_Paulo files must be different - what am I doing wrong?

rag