Date:      Mon, 25 Mar 1996 19:08:17 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kim Culhan <kimc@w8hd.org>
To:        Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Vat on 2.1R?

On Mon, 25 Mar 1996, Charles Henrich wrote:

> >> Anyone have a working VAT for 2.1R on a SB16 card?  I had this working some
> >> time ago with vmix, but something between then and now has changed, and I ge
> >> no nacho's anymore.
> >
> > I'm becoming convinced a vat does not exist which works on 2.1R, hopefully
> > we'll hear otherwise.
>
> I finally found an old copy of vat that will sorta work when using vmix.  Its
> funky though, and doesnt work very well at all.

I'm running the one from Jim Lowe's latest collection which works to extent
you can get connected and the audio quality is good.

The mic gain is either ~full-on or off if the control is < ~10% of the full
scale.

The test tone causes it to crash here after a few hundred ms. of pops and
clicks.

I can run it with either vmix or not, and sometimes it'll start and send
data to the other end but no rx there. That end is running vat on IRIX 5.3
and an Indigo.

Ususally that port is pretty solid but I don't really have any evidence
that it is not the Indigo side which has a problem here.

regards
kim

--
kimc@w8hd.org