Date:      Fri, 22 Sep 2000 09:20:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/21473: update devel/SN to 4.5.2, not from maintainer

The following reply was made to PR ports/21473; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
To: Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG,
	Satoshi Asami <asami@FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 12:18:06 -0400 (EDT)

 > Asami-san, can we get a repocopy of devel/SN to devel/sn, please?  I
 > hate uppercase directory names, and they violate the One True Way.

 If something like this is under serious consideration, I suggest
 "sourcenavigator" as the name of the port.  It is more informative than
 the abbreviation and, I feel, not overly long:  devel/sh-rtems-binutils,
 devel/sparc-rtems-binutils, devel/c_c++_reference-i18n,
 devel/crossgo32-djgpp2-pdcurses devel/libPropListgnome, and
 devel/p5-Class-MethodMaker (among others) have longer names.
 Furthermore, there are no ports in devel/ with names beginning in "so" so
 someone could just type so<tab> to complete the name--just as easy as
 typing the existing name.
 --
 Trevor Johnson
 http://jpj.net/~trevor/gpgkey.txt