Date:      Wed, 31 Jul 2002 17:48:46 +0930
From:      Brian Astill <bastill@sa.apana.org.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, <linuxsa@linuxsa.org.au>
Subject:   [OT] WinNT monitor change problem

Change monitor in Linux/*BSD - NO problem.  Just edit XF86Config from the
console and start X.  Works fine.  Takes 10 minutes - including time taken
searching for the book with the monitor specs.  :-)

WinBlows -  *&%*^& !!  :-(
Probably not so bad if you are upgrading your monitor so that the existing
settings are within those of the new monitor (don't know).  But changing from
a 17" 85Hz to 14" 60Hz - YUK!  VGA mode doesn't allow any refresh rate
change, and normal mode produces an unreadable screen, so I can't make any
corrections to the display settings there either.  :-(

If anyone knows a nifty solution (registry?) I'd be grateful.

BTW - who was the twit who said they preferred XP??  MUST be mad!

--
Regards,
Brian