Date:      Sat, 25 Mar 2000 03:22:23 +0100
From:      Martin Welk <mw@theatre.sax.de>
To:        "'Freebsd-Ipfw" <freebsd-ipfw@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: blocking web access selectively using ipfw?

On Fri, Mar 24, 2000 at 04:42:08PM -0600, Chuck Rock wrote:

> We're running multiple FreeBSD boxes as firewall/proxy solutions for some of
> our customers. I would like to know if there's a way to block web traffic
> from one interface to the other using a web address rather than IP? I didn't
> want to run Squid and try and set up that way if possible.

As long as you do name based virtual hosting, it isn't by doing IP
filtering, but for example, with rules for each virtual host it is
possible from within Apache.

Regards,

Martin
--
      ,,Oh, there's a lot of opportunities, if you're knowing to take them,
                  you know, there's a lot of opportunities, if there aren't