Date:      Thu, 28 Mar 1996 21:51:56 -0500
From:      Peri Didaskalou <74757.1310@compuserve.com>
To:        FreeBSD sysinstall <doc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   2.1.0 Handbk 2.3  "1. Boot the boot floppy."

Hello,

As indicated, I can't "Boot the boot floppy."

This is my first experience w/ an x86 unix.
Here are the details:

I recently purchased an ASUS TeK PVI-486SP3 IntelDX4/100
based box w/ Award Modular BIOS v.4.50PC
                   & Award Plug and Play BIOS Extension v1.0A,
16Mb RAM, QUANTUM 850 IDEHD.
Half the HD is dedicated to Warp; the other half preliminarily
set up w/PC DOS 7 anticipating FreeBSD or Linux.  I'm using
Warp's Boot Manager, not Dual Boot.

Well, I ran rawrite to create the boot.flp and root.flp disks and
loaded up the 13 /bin/bin.a* files sequentially across 3 floppies.
I assume "Boot the boot floppy." means: place the rawritten boot.flp
diskette in a:\ or b:\ and reboot, or, in my case, from the dos partition
use fdisk to set the dos partition active (in order to overide Warp's
Boot Manager) and then exit fdisk and place the boot.flp disk in a:\
or b:\ instead of a DOS boot disk.

All I get at boot up is a message saying "