Date:      Mon, 27 Nov 2000 11:11:36 -0800
From:      Anand Ranganathan <anand@desktop.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   tcsh bug?

Hi,

I'm seeing weird behavior in my tcsh shell with the ls-F builtin. I'm
cutting and pasting a shell session that I just ran in my xterm:

161 wooster:/tmp> mkdir foo
162 wooster:/tmp> cd foo
163 wooster:/tmp/foo> ls
164 wooster:/tmp/foo> touch bar
165 wooster:/tmp/foo> mkdir baz
166 wooster:/tmp/foo> ls
bar     baz
167 wooster:/tmp/foo> ls -l
total 1
-rw-r--r--  1 anand  wheel    0 Nov 27 11:07 bar
drwxr-xr-x  2 anand  wheel  512 Nov 27 11:07 baz
168 wooster:/tmp/foo> ls-F
bar  baz/
169 wooster:/tmp/foo> ls-F -l
total 1
-rw-r--r--  1 anand  wheel    0 Nov 27 11:07 bar
drwxr-xr-x  2 anand  wheel  512 Nov 27 11:07 baz/
170 wooster:/tmp/foo> set color
171 wooster:/tmp/foo> ls-F
bar  baz/
172 wooster:/tmp/foo> ls-F -l
ls: -l: No such file or directory
173 wooster:/tmp/foo> ls-F -a
ls: -a: No such file or directory
174 wooster:/tmp/foo>

Basically, when I "set color" the ls-F builtin seems to consider the
options to ls as the file arguments to ls. This is weird, since ls-F
seems to work correctly when color is not set. Am I doing something
wrong? Or is this a bug (in which case I'd be only too happy to file a
pr for it).

Thanks
Anand