Date:      Sat, 9 Mar 2002 01:59:40 +0100
From:      "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@corecode.ath.cx>
To:        "Peter W.Schmiedeskamp" <pschmied@qwest.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I've made a port, now what?

--=.1voR(zjq/Ld3Mo

On Fri, 8 Mar 2002 17:41:13 -0700 "Peter W.Schmiedeskamp" <pschmied@qwest.net> wrote:

> Hello folks.  I've read the porters handbook, and I've created my very
> first working port.
>
> It seems to do everything that a real port does.  Even portlint seems to
> think that it is OK.
>
> Now what?  How does one submit this baby?  I've included it as an
> 877byte attachment here.

the preferred way is send_pr(1)

just file a pr in category ports and add (with -a switch) the shar of
the directory containing the port, - or if it too big (20k?) the tgz'ed
and uuencode'd directory:

cd myport/..
shar `find myport` > myport.shar
send-pr -a myport.shar

or, in case send-pr -a doesn't work right (ppl report that some time)
use :r!shar `find myport`  in vim (vi too?) or the apropriate command in
your favorite editor. please assure that your editor won't destroy the
shar by breaking lines.
don't use attachments when sending to gnats-submit, they will be
crunched to ascii garbage.

--
/"\   http://corecode.ath.cx/
\ /