Date:      Fri, 11 Apr 2008 16:13:44 +0200
From:      Jonathan McKeown <jonathan@hst.org.za>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [7.0] Openldap client

On Friday 11 April 2008 16:03, Konrad Heuer wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Apr 2008, karim.bourenane@orange-ftgroup.com wrote:
>
> > fetch: http://www.padl.com/download/nss_ldap-257.tar.gz: size mismatch:
> > expected 229242, actual       229299
> >
> > Anyone, can tell me, how to install openldap client on Freebsd 7-Stable ?
>
> I do not know why /usr/ports/net/nss_ldap/distinfo contains a different
> file size (and probably inappropriate checksums), but you can just edit
> /usr/ports/net/nss_ldap/distinfo and put in what you find (start with size
> only, later by using md5 and sha256 utilities in /sbin to calculate
> checksums after the file has been fetched /usr/ports/distfiles).

Check <http://www.freshports.org/net/nss_ldap>; - the most recent checkin
message (2007-12-16) states that the original author rerolled the distfile
without making any changes.

There are at least a couple of ports where distributors sometimes repackage
the source tarball and don't bother to change the version number because they
haven't changed anything else. You can either choose to ignore, or manually
change, the filesize and checksum, or just bring the ports tree up to date
and try again.

Jonathan