Date:      Fri, 26 Feb 1999 21:49:12 -0500
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Chris Shenton <cshenton@uucom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RADIUS Solutions

Chris Shenton wrote in message ID
<86d82ytcbu.fsf@samizdat.uucom.com>:
> Won't this lose if the user exists in the cached password file but the
> password is wrong, e.g., if the user changed it on the master copy?
> I'd think you'd have synchronization problems....

Why? There is only one canonical source of password information. None of the
other systems are allowed to make local changes to the database. If they do,
they'll be wiped out in < 4 hours.

> Or do you push the change out when it occurs, like when the user
> changes his password? And not push the entire password file? Or
> something else?

It wouldn't be much more work to fall through on password failures either. Or
you could just put ``changes may take 4 hours to be accepted'' the web page
when the user changes their password...

Gary